Indian soil has various forms of handicrafts, right from pottery, jute works to terracotta work and prints which vary from state to state. Though they are beautiful and have been passed on through the generations, it is rather sad that we are now in a situation that steps have to be taken to ensure that these don’t die.
Protecting the skills and knowledge of the handicrafts is the most difficult challenge and at Shrinkhla our motive is to overcome this challenge.
- We started our journey from Sanganer, a village in the southern part of Jaipur, Rajasthan. Sanganer is famous for its fine hand block printing in subdued colors. This form of textile printing is almost 5 centuries old and till date holds a prominent place in the world of weavers and craftsmen.
- Block prints are done by eye, and telltale signs of the human hand, even imperfections, are part of the ineffable humanity and beauty of the craft.
At Shrinkhla we are bringing in a mixture of old and new designs to strike a balance between the avant-garde and the traditional. Through this mixture of forms of craft, the traditional handicraft industry has more hope for shining.
Indian culture is known for its use of vibrant colors, and not just for decorative purposes. Colors in India have connections to religion and politics and are incorporated into festivals and celebrations. We have incorporated almost all the colors like shades of red, greens, blue, yellow, pink etc. in our collection.
Shrinkhla is also known to provide the best fit with ultimate comfort and style.
- The silhouettes are easy flowing.
- We believe in providing the best quality of fabric and colors.
- We use the most fine quality cottons and chanderi fabrics .
- The colors used in the block printing are of best quality and no bleeding at all even after multiple washes.